The competent light design of the kitchen makes the room not only functional but also cozy, lived, loved. We will share the main secrets of the ideal kitchen lighting.
Features of kitchen lighting
The kitchen can be separate or combined with a living room or a lounge. Planning and placement of the kitchen critically affect the choice of the concept of lighting.
LIGHTING THE KITCHEN, COMBINED WITH THE LIVING ROOM
The option of combining the kitchen with another room can be convenient and functional, but it inevitably generates a stylistic inconsistency between different parts of the room. The correct choice of lighting helps to remove it.
First, you need to highlight the working area of the kitchen. Even if cooked in it at a minimum, it requires a functional and fairly bright lighting. It should not extend to the whole room, grab a zone of food or rest. The sources of directional light will help in this.
- A lamp with a blind lampshade placed above the working surface.
- Fixtures with a change in the angle of the light flux, which can be fixed above the work surface, as well as at the ends of shelves or cabinets, on walls. Such a luminaire, directed at the right angle, will give the necessary amount of light above the working area.
- Table or wall lamps. They are enough to light a small work surface or for kitchens that are cooked infrequently or little. Agree that for morning coffee and cooking light dinner is not required to fill the entire room with streams of light.
- Suspended luminaires on cords are suitable for rooms with relatively high ceilings. This solution is functional and dynamic. It creates its own rhythm of the kitchen space, gives it a twist.
Finding a solution for the work area, you can go to lunch. In pursuit of the original design, mistakes are often allowed here, which completely deprive the room of individuality and harmony. What are the most common mistakes allowed in lighting the dining area?
- Installation of ceiling luminaires along the perimeter or the ceiling area. This method of lighting is suitable for technical rooms, but not for a cozy and unhurried meal or conversation at the family table. Lamps uniformly and mercilessly illuminate the entire space, their light is enhanced by the whiteness of the ceiling. A ceiling with perimeter luminaires is one of the most unfortunate lighting options.
- A lavish chandelier of classic design in a small room above the dining table or island. Its inappropriate solemnity in most interiors looks redundant and pathetic. The chandelier is suitable for individual dining rooms, spacious rooms and requires an appropriate interior. This is not the best choice for a cozy dining area of an ordinary apartment.
- The same lamps for the living room and kitchen area. They are chosen to unite the space, but in this idea lay a conceptual error. Kitchen and dining areas have different hierarchies. The place of food intake is more important and significant. Therefore, do not try to equalize these parts of the room, such an attempt will result in a violation of the logic of perception of the interior.
How correctly to illuminate the dining area of the living room combined with the kitchen?
- The best option is a lamp with adjustable height. It can be raised higher, creating diffuse and voluminous light. You can also drop it over the table, limiting and concentrating the light flux.
- If the eating area is small and the table is located close to the wall, wall mounted movable lamps that can be rotated or rotated in different directions will help.
To fit the lamps of the working or dining area can be matte light bulbs or those that have a color spraying. They help to dissipate the light stream, make it cozy, soft and comfortable.
Check This Out: 7 Ways Marble Is Used In The Home
LIGHTING THE KITCHEN
The kitchen, which is an independent room, gives a great variety of choices of light solutions.
- Functional kitchen, on which a lot and regularly cooked, can have bright and even technical lighting, including using ceiling lights.
- In an ordinary kitchen, it is prudent to provide for the possibility of changing the intensity of lighting. It is not always necessary to have a bright ceiling light, sometimes a delicate illumination of the working area is enough. To do this, you can use a luminous ribbon of warm colors.
- A multifunctional kitchen, on which families and friends gather, requires zone lighting. The working area is highlighted separately, the dining table is separate. Thus, you can create a cozy atmosphere, even in a small room.
Rules of light
To design stylish and functional lighting will help your fantasy, common sense and advice of specialists. They formulated the main rules for the kitchen lighting.
Extremely undesirable for the kitchen lighting:
- Ceiling lamps of cold light along the perimeter of the ceiling.
- Magnificent chandeliers.
- Homogeneous, static lighting.
Recommended for use in the kitchen lighting:
- Lamps with a change in the angle of light.
- Suspended lamps of adjustable length.
- Lamps are matte or with a spray, with warm light.
The geometry, color, and location of the fixtures will help fill the space, give the right direction and the logic of the interior. Do not be afraid of experiments and unexpected solutions. They are able to adjust the shape of the room, refresh the perception and place style accents.