Hello, Dear readers! In this article, we will talk about the production of glass products that you can see in the store. It should be noted that the glass is environmentally friendly material. All the products that we use handmade from the best glass blowers. The mechanical and manual production of glass has different advantages and disadvantages about which more in detail.
Manufacture of glass products
All the processes of glass production can be divided into stages:
- Preparation of raw materials. Everything is simple, the grinding is done, the size is divided, the cleaning is finished, then the future glass is ready for smelting.
- The second stage in production is called “cooking glass.” In fact, the glass is not boiled, it is melted in special ovens. An interesting fact is that the bricks that cover the space of the furnace and the glass that they melt in are made of one material – silicon. The melting point of the glass can vary from 300 to 2500 degrees Celsius. It is determined by the chemical composition of the future product.
- The semi-liquid glass mass is subjected to one of many forming methods. In our case, the glass “blow out”. Whether it’s mechanical blowing, or manual using a special shape, the product gets the necessary outlines. This is due to the supply of air into the glass mass, which inflates it along the walls of the mold. Further, the excess glass is cut off, and given that it is still almost liquid, this is done with a special knife, rotating the mold.
- Heat treatment and decoration. After removing the product from the mold, it must be cooled, or allowed to cool slowly. Again, this depends on the chemical composition of the glass. But when the product is ready, you can cut the last excess of glass, this time on a special machine. And of course if necessary you can engrave.
Manual and manual blowing of glass products.
The main provisions for the production of glass are given above so I would like to outline the difference between mechanical and manual blowing of glass in the mind. Mechanical blowing is used when the whole process is put on the conveyor. She has both advantages and disadvantages. From its positive sides, the cheapness of technology, high production speed, but in the negative one can record the roughness of the smooth parts of the product, their non-identity. Manual blowing is used in factories where attention is paid to each product. In general, the process is not different, just everything a person does manually. Of the advantages that need to be attributed to this technology – perfect transparency, glass smoothness, the high identity of products. But the cons are bubbles, and sometimes slightly “leaking” the bottom of the products, that is, not horizontally flat on the inside.
Check This Out: What Are the Benefits of Silicone Hoses?
Types of glass
If you remember the school lessons in chemistry, then the glass consists mainly of silicon, but there are some impurities. So I would like to note that only 3 types of glass are widely distributed.
- Sodium-calcium-silicate glass. This type of glass has a high transparency. The edges of the glass are perfectly smooth. And the strength of the products at altitude. We use this kind of glass in our products, no other can give such a combination of transparency and strength.
- These types of glasses include all, which contain lead oxides. They have maximum colorlessness, whiteness, and transparency. Glass facets play with light, they give a lot of overflows, but their strength leaves much to be desired. And lead in the composition does not please.
- Special glass. This type of glass includes representatives, in which you can find oxides of boron. Borosilicate glass is heat-resistant, has high strength. Despite their useful properties, they are cloudy, that is, they have low transparency and colorlessness.
Cleaning of glass products.
Among the hundreds of different ways and detergents that we used to clean glass is very difficult to note the best. So very well will make your glass products shine with a microfiber sponge soaked in a window cleaner. And the second thing that will help is a dish-washing detergent and clean water. Both methods are good in their own way, we use only them.
Thank you for attention!
Keep Reading: PICKING THE BEST SHOWER SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME