Spain is a country characterized by its diversity in tourism. So that its visitors not only have the option to admire its historical and cultural wealth. But also charming rural areas. These natural and exotic places are ideal to get away from the noise of big cities and take a few days of relaxation.
Rural tourism in Spain is very popular and striking for adventurers. Who can find villages with the oldest traditions of the country and typical cuisine of each region.
In addition, they can enjoy mountainous landscapes, valleys, forests, rivers and waterfalls that form a paradise far from civilization. Therefore, these destinations are undoubtedly the ideal for a rural getaway.
1. The Somiedo Natural Park, Asturias
It is characterized by its majestic rivers and considerable elevations and ranging from 400 to 2,200 meters. In addition, it was named a biosphere reserve by Unesco.
You may also like to read : 7 Most Amazing Cafes In The World
These are some of the characteristics of the Somiedo Natural Park:
- This is the habitat and home par excellence of the Cantabrian brown bear.
- It is ideal for multiple sports such as cycling, hiking, hunting, cross-country skiing and horseback riding. There are also routes to go on foot.
- There are unique constructions called “Teito’s cabins” or ceilings made with plant material.
It has 15,068 hectares and includes a mountainous area of 3,355 meters high called Monte Perdido, the third highest in the Pyrenees.
Some of the unique characteristics that The Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park presents are these:
- You can see glaciers, lakes, waterfalls and impressive forests.
- There are more than 1,500 species of plants, some endemic. Among them is the honeysuckle from the Pyrenees, the bear ear or the king’s crown.
- The park is a bird conservation area, including the golden eagle, falcon and griffon vulture. In addition, you can see otters, marmots, chamois and many other species.
- In the place they converge arid and desert areas with the most mountainous areas, covered with meadows and forests.
- It is a privileged area to practice extreme sports such as rafting, paragliding to admire the valleys or mountain skiing. There are also excursions in 4 × 4 vehicles or on foot.
3. Ruta del Cares, Asturias
It is located within the Picos de Europa National Park. It is a phenomenal and exclusive landscape for the adventurers. Which is year after year travel the high gorges.
The Ruta de Cares offers many attractions:
- It is surrounded by the river Cares and is covered in 12 km. The road is 2 meters wide and great care must be taken when traveling in a vehicle, since in some sections it becomes inaccessible.
- The route was named “La garganta divina” and merged with Asturias and León. Two regions linked by the rural trails of this park.
- For the most seasoned, the route is traveled on foot. It takes up to 4 hours to complete the ride.
- There are several types of transportation that allow the traveler to enjoy this trail: taxis, mini buses, vans and 4 × 4 vehicles.
- Tours and stops are offered at various viewpoints that are on the way. In this way, one can undoubtedly enjoy the panoramic views of the place.
- But Spain is full of wonderful places where you can enjoy nature. The ones we have shown you are just three fantastic rural getaways, perfect for a long weekend or a small vacation.
You may also like to read : The 6 Smallest And Most Beautiful Countries In Europe